Opticon offers repair services for all products!
Opticon offers repair services for all of its products. Each Opticon product is sold with a standard two-year warranty. For information on returning your product for service, read the information below.
Requesting Repair Services
To request warranty or non-warranty repair from Opticon, fill out the RMA request form. This form is an editable PDF and must be completed on a computer. Handwritten forms will not be accepted. Once complete, please save the document and email it back to us as an attachment. If the RMA form is not saved before emailing, it will arrive blank and cannot be processed. We will review the request for completeness and validity and assign an RMA number. We may contact you with questions or to attempt troubleshooting prior to assigning an RMA number.
- If you are unsure about the information requested in the RMA form please email Opticon Technical Support or call us at 800.636.0090 x2127. An RMA request will not be processed until it is correct and complete. Opticon Technical Support is happy to provide any assistance necessary.
- The Problem Description field should provide enough information for Opticon repair technicians to accurately replicate the issue so that it may be properly resolved.
- DO NOT ship your package to Opticon until we have supplied you with an RMA number unique to your individual request. This RMA number must be clearly labeled on the outside of the shipping package. The shipping label is the most appropriate place for this. Re-use of an old RMA number will be rejected.
- When creating your shipment please always address the package to the RMA number and not to an individual. Packages not labeled correctly will either be returned or have an increased processing time at Opticon's discretion.
- The sender is responsible for shipping costs to Opticon. If the repair is determined to be covered by warranty then Opticon will return ship your product using the same or similar delivery method at our expense. If the repair is determined to be non-warranty you will be billed for the return shipping along with the repair cost itself. You may request specific shipping methods at your expense. Please be certain to document any such requests on the RMA request form.
- DO NOT ship personal property (such as SD cards or SIM cards) with your RMA unless specifically requested to do so by Opticon. These items become the property of Opticon and are not guaranteed to be returned (we make our best effort to do so but this is not a promised service).
Special Instructions: Evaluation Units and Units that are Dead on Arrival (DOA)
- Evaluation Return - When requesting an RMA for the return of an evaluation unit please simply note this in either the problem description field or the comments at the bottom of the form. Please still complete the contact information block at the top of the form as well as the model number and serial number fields.
- Dead On Arrival - A DOA unit is one that does not work immediately upon receipt or within fifteen days of the date the product shippped from Opticon's facilities. Please fill out the RMA form in its entirety and additionally note that the unit is DOA in the comments or problem description section of the form to allow for appropriate processing of the repair. DOA repairs are assigned higher priority than a standard RMA. Opticon does verify the validity of a DOA claim. A standard RMA listed as DOA will not be assigned a higher priority.
RMA Request Form - DO NOT PRINT this form. Handwritten forms are not accepted. This form can be filled out on the PC directly and must be saved after being completed and before returning to Opticon.